Fire at Mittagong laundromat

June 15, 2023 12:10 pm in by
Fire & Rescue Mittagong

Emergency Services have been called to a building fire at Mittagong.

The fire broke out around 6 this morning at the HBE Eco Laundry at 65 Main Street.

The business was completely smoke logged and firefighters in breathing apparatuses discovered a smoldering fire in linen bags.

Article continues after this ad

It was extinguished and the offices upstairs were searched and ventilated.

Mittagong Fire and Rescue NSW said this type of fire generates very high temperatures and thick toxic smoke and unfortunately has caused considerable damage.

The cause was determined as spontaneous combustion in linen bag.