Highlands News

Chemical scare at Picton Pool

picton pool chemicals

Safework NSW has an urgent safety warning after an incident at Picton Pool, which resulted in several people having to be taken to hospital, including Bowral Hospital.

Earlier this week an employee released dry chlorine and sodium bisulphate in the same section of the pool when they should've been released at opposite ends.

The chemicals were released after a child had defecated in the water.

Better Regulation Division Deputy Secretary, Rose Webb is reminding workers that pool chemicals can cause reactions if mixed incorrectly.

People using public pools should get out immediately if they notice any signs of skin rash, headache, breathing problems, nausea or eye irritation and follow first aid instructions.

IMAGE CREDIT: Wollondilly Council