About lunchtime yesterday emergency services were alerted to a blaze in a home on Coats Road.
A Mittagong Fire and Rescue crew was among those attending and say the house was well alight when they arrived, with flames seen coming through the roof and large amounts of smoke.
Picton Fire and Rescue and the Rural Fire Service were also on the scene and after about an hour were able to bring the blaze under control, however the home couldn't be saved.
It's believed it may have started in the kitchen.
Photos: Fire and Rescue Mittagong