Covid 19 testing clinics across the Illawarra, Shoalhaven and Southern Highlands have extended their opening hours after a number of venues in Wollongong were visited by a man with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Anyone who attended the following venues at the listed times must get tested immediately and self-isolate until they receive further advice from NSW Health:
- Wollongong - St Nektarios Greek Orthodox Church, 39 Atchison St Sunday 27 December 9am-10.15am
- Wollongong - The Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Church, 18 Stewart St Sunday 27 December 10.30am-11am
Anyone who visited any of the following venues at the listed times is considered a casual contact who must get tested immediately and isolate until a negative result is received:
- Figtree - Figtree Grove Shopping Centre, 19 Princes Hwy Monday 21 December 12.30pm-1.30pm, Wednesday 23 December 8.45am-9am
- Figtree - Figtree Grove Shopping Centre, 19 Princes Hwy
Thursday 24 December 6.45am-9.30am
- Figtree - Proust Optical, Shop 49, Figtree Grove Shopping Centre, 19 Princes Hwy Monday 21 December 9.30am-5pm Wednesday 23 December 9.30am-2pm Close contacts from this venue will be contacted by NSW Health
- Mona Vale - Pittwater Place 10 Park St, All day on all the following dates: Sunday 13 December Monday 14 December Tuesday 15 December Wednesday 16 December Thursday 17 December Friday 18 December Saturday 19 December
- Wollongong - Wollongong Central 200 Crown St, 200 Crown St, Wollongong NSW 2500 Wednesday 23 December 3.30pm-4pm
A drive-through clinic will open at Figtree Community Centre at 10am today, in addition to extended hours at clinics in the area.
It is absolutely vital everyone immediately comes forward for testing if they have even the slightest COVID-19 symptoms.
Symptoms include fever, cough, sore/scratchy throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of smell, loss of taste, fatigue, acute blocked nose (congestion), muscle pain, joint pain, headache, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting, loss of appetite, unexplained chest pain and conjunctivitis.
Don’t delay, get tested. Most people in NSW are still receiving their test results within 24 hours.
When visiting clinics, remember to wear a mask on your way to the testing clinic, while waiting in line, and on your way home. After a test you must go straight home.
Testing is available at Bowral and District Hospital, the Mittagong Respiratory Clinic, Ulladulla Respiratory Clinic, Milton-Ulladulla Hospital, the Sanctuary Point Respiratory Clinic, Nowra Southern IML Pathology and Shoalhaven Hospital.