Inghams will work with safety authorities to investigate how a man got his leg caught in an ice grinder at its Tahmoor processing factory.
The 35-year-old worker had to have part of his leg amputated at the scene by a specialist paramedic team to free him from the machine.
He was place in an induced coma before being airlifted to Liverpool Hospital in a critical condition.
The incident has left work mates shocked.
Inghams said those who witnessed the incident and the man's family are receiving its full support.
NSW Ambulance special operations director Tim Fairservice said workplace incidents can be "extremely complex".
"It goes without saying that you shouldn't underestimate how dangerous it can be on a worksite, we need to look out for one another," he said.
Safe Work NSW is investigating the incident.
Images: 9 News Illawarra and https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tahmoor_Inghams_Turkey.jpg