Shoalhaven News

House fire in Nowra

fire and rescue

Fire and Rescue NSW is reminding us about the importance of having a working smoke alarm.

It comes after crews from Nowra and Shoalhaven were called to a house fire in St. Anne's Street in Nowra on Friday morning.

The home was completely destroyed and crews rescued two dogs.

Acting Superintendent, Scott Dodson from Fire and Rescue NSW says it's a timely reminder for the community to develop their fire escape plan.

He says now is also the time for residents to check they have a working smoke alarm and that all members of the family have an awareness of calling Triple Zero (000) in an emergency.