Shoalhaven News

Baby dies in Bargo house fire

mondaypolicetape1.jpg

Police have launched an investigation after a baby girl died in a house fire in Bargo overnight.

Emergency services were called to the property on Avon Dam Road around 6.25pm last night.

Fire and Rescue NSW and the Rural Fire Service worked to extinguish the blaze that destroyed the house.

During a search of the home, the body of a five-month-old girl was found inside.

NSW Ambulance paramedics treated a 79-year-old woman and 57-year-old man for smoke inhalation and lacerations while a 27-year-old woman was treated for shock.

They were taken to Campbelltown Hospital in a stable condition.

An 18-month-old boy, who appeared uninjured, was also taken to hospital as a precaution.

NSW Police said they are investigating the circumstances surrounding the fire.

Image: Travis Winks

Tags: Bargo, baby girl