Shoalhaven City Council is looking to add new members to its Aboriginal Advisory Committee.
The Committee provides advice to Council on all relevant issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within the Shoalhaven local area.
It also helps facilitate access and accessibility to services and facilities for Aboriginal people and promotes and increases knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal society, history and culture.
The Committee are currently looking for Aboriginal people who are:
- Aboriginal community members living in the Shoalhaven local area
- Aboriginal community members who work with Aboriginal communities of the Shoalhaven on a full time or part time basis
- Passionate about increasing knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal people, history & culture in the Shoalhaven.
- Passionate about having an impact on the lives of Aboriginal people in the Shoalhaven region
- Interested in being an advocate for Aboriginal people in the community particularly in representing the various regions and communities of the Shoalhaven
- Motivated to identify opportunities for collaboration between Aboriginal communities and Council
Applications close on Wednesday 25 May 2022.
If you need help completing your application or require interpretive services, please contact Council’s Community Connections Team on 1300 293 111.
Image: Polly Wilson